Thursday, June 3, 2010

Happy Hollow Park & Zoo

Yesterday, Brody and I went to Happy Hallow Park & Zoo in San Jose. This place is great for toddlers and anyone looking for a small intimate Zoo experience. The only complaint I had was with the weather, it was HOT! Other than that we loved it!

Entrance to the Park and Zoo...

Mommy & Brody

Keepin' Cool with my Cup....

The Zoo part of the park is very small but that is what was great for Brody to enjoy a little independence walking through the park. We saw monkies, mierkats, lemurs, a tortoise, parrots, bees, and a wallaby. All the exhibits allow for the kids to experience these animals up close and personal. (I did not take any pictures as I enjoyed experiencing the animals with Brody!)
Playing on the playground....

In one section of the park, there are rides for small children. They are included with the admission into the park. I of course was excited for Brody to experience a couple of these on his own as they were for toddlers only. The first was a car ride, with alternating fire truck and police cars to ride on. He really liked the car when I first put him in it....


then it started to move... and he might have freaked out a little. Hey they make for great action shots!!!

We then rode the Dragon Train. He thought he was going to have ride this one by himself, I only wanted a picture in the train.


These faces are priceless...

The park also features a petting zoo with goats, sheep, ponies and cows. Brody was pretty fearless when it came to the goats, I guess because we already have two horses at home (ha)!


Brody also rode the lady bug ride. This one he really liked and did not cry as much. You can see by his face how confident he is and this is only his second ride by himself ever. I wonder if he will like roller coasters when he is bigger?


We ended our visit to the park with a ride on the carousel. He really liked this ride.. maybe it was because of the music or because I was able to stand next to him. Either way it was a great way to finish our day at the park.



No comments:

Post a Comment