Sunday, May 30, 2010

Destination Drive-In

Matt and I have not been to the movies since the summer of 2008, yes that would be the summer I was pregnant with Brody. We have been dying to go and see a movie. Well, Matt just wants to go to eat the movie popcorn (he he he). I was researching kid friendly activities to do on the internet and one idea that I found was to go to a drive in movie theatre. Brillant... Brody can sleep in the car and we can watch a movie the week it actually comes out! It is a win win for everyone!

So after giving Brody a quick bath and putting him into pajamas, we headed off to the drive in. The website suggested we get there early in order to secure a good parking spot.

right in the center of the screen...


While I was walking around taking pictures for the blog, I was reprimanded by the management. They said I was not allowed to take pictures on private property with out a Class C permit. I told them I was confused but these pictures were for my blog. (They had never heard of a blog.) I assured them that I was not going to record the movie and put it on the web because I do not know how to do that yet with my camera. The manager then directed me to the 8x10 poster hanging in the window advising against taking pictures (Yeah like that is going to stop me from taking pictures). So we are off to a good start at the theatre...

vintage... right?

The cashier....

Screen 4, Sex and the City 2

No movie theatre experience is complete with out treats and eats. Matt had his large popcorn.




Brody even tried popcorn and loved it!

On the way to the drive-in, we stopped to fill the car with gas and picked up some more treats and eats. I could not find any ding dongs... ;)

Yummy!

Family Photo at the movies!




Everyone had a great time at the movies!

It was nice to feel some what normal by going to the movies. Matt and I are already planning our next visit... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment