Friday, May 14, 2010

A New Park and Train Adventure

I felt as though Brody was getting bored with the same park we always go to or maybe it was me. To cure our boredom, I searched online for suggested parks in the area. The "New" park I found is in Sunnyvale about 15 minutes from our apartment. It is really beautiful and big. There are walking trails, tennis/basketball courts, wide open areas, 2 play grounds, a water feature, a climbing wall, lots of picnic tables that can be rented and is nestled right next to an elementary school.

This is the bigger of the two playgrounds.

a look towards the foothills across the open area...


Through out the park there are huge evergreen trees and beautiful rose bushes. As Brody and I strolled through the park he was snacking.



Brody loves the water. I knew he would like this park because of the water feature. There are tubes that spray water (think 9 giant sprinklers). There was a button that helped the water move through the different zones. This button was right at Brody's height and it made a sound when he touched it. So that is where he spent most of his time. Brody also had to bring with him one of his cars on this new water adventure.





After an outfit change it was back into the car. I thought since we were so close to the Sunnyvale train station, Brody might want to watch the trains. After his nap, we walked to railroad crossing and waited for a train.

What I did not think about was:
1 how fast the trains are moving when you are that close
2 the loudness of the trains
3 the crossing alarms going off
4 how freaked out B-man would get

Well the first train came and went. Once Brody calmed down, he cried out to see another "choo choo". So we waited for another train to come. This time I moved the stroller a little further back next to some hedges (I just keep thinking what if one of these trains jumped their tracks). As we waited, this awesome airplane flew overhead on its way to Mofits Airforce base. Then we heard the train whistle. A train heading north.... then a second train heading south... yeah the second train caught us a little off guard... so loud... I was only able to capture one picture of Brody watching two trains, he chewing on his cup's straw with a bright red face. As we walked back to the car he keep calling out for the "choo choo".


oh my goodness two trains...

I think the new park and the train station were a big hit. I am sure we will be back to both places real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment